- This event has passed.
Maryland Wear & Carry Class Friday & Saturday January 25 & 26, 2019 10AM
January 25 @ 10:00 am - 6:00 pm$174.99 – $349.99
This is an intensive course that exceeds the training requirements for the Maryland Wear and Carry Permit. Curriculum is 8 hrs for renewal and 16 hrs for initial applications and gives a good overview of responsibility that comes with carrying a firearm on a daily basis.
The team of instructors will guide you through the curriculum which includes, but is not limited to the following:
- The Wear and Carry application process
- Handgun safety & operation
- Cleaning and storage
- Maryland law
- Legal transport of firearms
- Use of force
- Permitted/prohibited locations
- Law enforcement interaction
- Situational Awareness
- Ammunition & Terminal ballistics
- Pistol and Holster selection
- Drawing from the holster
- Concealed vs. Open Carry
- Low Light shooting
- Case study
- Shoot/Don’t shoot scenario
- “After the final shot” discussion
For attending, students will receive;
- Hendershot’s range badge and lanyard
- Holster certification (upon successful completion of the course) to allow for practice during use of the range
- Eye and ear protection
- Additional benefits and discounts at the store
Students are also required to complete a rigorous 50 round qualification. Be prepared to fire 200 rounds (supplied with the class). Students must bring their own handgun, 2 magazines, and holster. Class size is limited. Tuition is $174.99 (8hrs) and $349.99 (16hrs).
Successful completion of this course does not guarantee that students will receive their wear/carry permit from the Maryland State Police. Maryland is a “may issue” state and, as such, applicants need to have a “good and substantial” reason to be approved. For more information please visit the Maryland State Police website.
This course is offered on 2 consecutive days. Initial applicants must attend both days. Students who are renewing their carry permits must attend the 2nd day only.
If you are renewing your wear/carry permit, it is recommended you complete your training at least 3 months before your permit expires.
If you have any questions about whether or not you may qualify, please call the Maryland State Police, Licensing Division, 410-653-4500.