Hendershot’s is pleased to offer several options when it comes to firearms education and training. From the beginning shooter to those with more experience , we offer something new for everyone! With all of our courses, we instruct our students on the knowledge, skills, and attitude required to use firearms. Please click on the link in each course description for a list of class dates.
All courses include targets and eye/ear protection and ammo for live-fire qualification.
- Maryland HQL Course ($89.99) a basic 4-hour course that exceeds the training requirements for the Maryland HQL (Handgun Qualification License). The course consists of classroom and range instruction. Everything needed is included in the tuition cost: handgun rental, ammunition, complimentary eye and ear protection, a target, and more! Please click here for our calendar.
- Hendershot’s Basic Pistol Course w/ HQL ($144.99) an 8-hour course with more detailed instruction on safety, marksmanship fundamentals, and handgun operation. The course consists of classroom and range instruction. Everything needed is included in the tuition cost: handgun rental, ammunition, complimentary eye and ear protection, a target, and more! Meets and exceeds training requirement for Maryland HQL and West Virginia CCW. We also offer a “ladies only” course, click here for our calendar.
- Maryland Wear/Carry Permit Course – an intensive course that exceeds the training requirements for the Maryland Wear/Carry Permit. Curriculum is 8 hrs for renewal and 16 hrs for initial applications. It includes handgun safety & operation, Maryland law, drawing from the holster, and a rigorous 50 round qualification. Be prepared to fire 200 rounds. Students must bring their own handgun, 2 magazines, and holster. Class size is limited. Tuition is $249.99 (8hrs) and $349.99 (16hrs). Click here for our course calendar. If you would like to schedule a different day/time, please give us a call: 240-347-4883.
- Individual Training – for shooters who want individualized one-on-one training, tailored to their interests/needs, $75 per hour or $199 for three 1-hour sessions. These prices do not include ammunition. Eye and ear protection is provided.
- Defensive Pistol Course I – This class is designed for individuals seeking addition defensive training for various situations and personal protection. The course goal is to teach fundamental and practical techniques for efficient and effective presentation and use of a concealed or openly holstered handgun for defense under stressful conditions. Straightforward exercises emphasize safe handling and set the foundation for the speed and accuracy that will be utilized in subsequent training. Attire will include a light jacket or sport coat, sweater, loose fitting t-shirt, jeans, a stiff belt, and hardy shoes or sneakers. Quality ear and eye protection is mandatory. Students should be prepared to fire a minimum of 100 rounds which is supplied with the class. Bring the handgun in a gun box, gun case, or zippered gun rug. Also bring please extra magazines. Bring a comfortable strong side holster, inside or outside the waistband, that covers the trigger guard, allows one handed re-holstering, is easily concealed, and secure. Holsters with retention straps are allowed but not recommended. The fee is $174.99, class size is limited to TEN. Students are encouraged to pack a lunch. Please check with one of our staff before scheduling if you have questions about your gear.
For our schedule of classes, please click here.